Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bridge in Monet's Garden & other stuff

I completed page 2 of Bridge in Monet's Garden and another patrotic ornament this week. It took me over a month to finish page 2 of Monet't Garden.  The pictures aren't the greatest but you can get the idea of what they look like. 



Bridge in Monet's Garden
Page 2 completed 6/9/2011

San Man Original
Patritoic Flag
16 Ct Aida using DMC
form my ornament tree
Started 5/29/2011 Completed 6/5/2011


I started Baby's First Christmas ornament this week for my niece's son and his wife.  Their baby is due in early August.  I am thinking that instead of Baby's I will put the baby's name.  That way it will say Noah's First Christmas (Noah is the proposed name of the baby) and then I would like to fit the year in somewhere.  I have also crocheted a couple of dishcloths this past week.  I really need to learn how to crochet something other than dishcloths.  I now have a whole drawer full.  What will I ever do with them?  I read somewhere about a woman who kept getting yarn from chuch members, friends and family and when she died they found over 5000 dishcloths in her closet.  She kept crocheting them and just put them in the closet.  My nieces would have a heart attack if they found all those dishcloths hoarded away in my house.  Besides I don't have a closet to spare.

I have a busy week this coming week.  Monday the A/C is getting it's yearly service, Tuesday I have a hair dresser's appointment for a perm, Wednesday I am working and Friday Shirley and I are going to Barb's to take her out to lunch or dinner for her birthday which was on June 9th.

2 comments:

blueladie said...

Iris, your Monet piece is looking beautiful. Well-done! I love your patriotic piece. Really cute. Keep up the good work! :D Cathryn

angel parker said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog and gazing at all of your beautiful needlework!