Saturday, December 20, 2014

Decorating the tree and bakking cookies

Just wanted to share some pictures of our tree and a recipe for one of my favorite cookies/

Bob getting ready to start pulling
ornaments out of the trunk

Bob putting ornaments on the tree

Eiffel Tower ornament I made for Bob this year
to  remember  our 2014 Paris trip

The side of the tree we see when sitting
on the sofa

Close up of some of our ornaments

The view of the tree
when we are walking into the family room

The cross stitch ornament is a ornament I
received in an ornament exchange a few years ago.
The snowman was one of the 1st ornaments I
ever made.  I was probably in my late teens early 20s

This ornament is one I stitched this year.

This one was stitched and gifted to me by Sarah

The little ornament with the stockings I
received on a Christmas card from Barbara
and I made it into an ornament.

This is our little mouse band.  These were
part of my MIL's decorations.  I love them and
they come out of hiding every year

More of my Santa collection

I baked a batch of cookies this morning.
This is my 8th batch of cookies

250 Dollar Cookies
1/2 Batch Full Batch Ingredients
1 Cup 2 Cup Butter
1 Cup 2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup 2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 4 Eggs
1 tsp. 2 tsp Vanilla
2 Cup 4 Cup Flour
2 1/2 Cup 5 Cup Blended Oatmeal
1 tsp. 2 tsp baking Soda
1/2 tsp. 1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2  tsp. 1 tsp Salt
 1/2 1 8 OZ. Hershey Bar grated
12 Oz. 24 Oz. Chocolate chips
1 1/2 Cup 3 Cup Chopped Nuts (your choice)
Directions:
Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder
Cream the butter and both sugars
Add eggs and vanilla
Mix together the flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda
Mix flour mixture into wet ingredients in batches
Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts
` Roll int balls and place 2" apart on a cookie sheet
Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees
Full batch makes 112 Cookies

2 comments:

Honeybee said...

It looks cozy at your house! Thank you for the recipe!

blueladie said...

Iris, LOVE your tree. It's BEAUTIFUL! :D Cathryn